September Gift Certificate Idea…
SUNDAY, September 8, 2019
HAPPY GRANDPARENT’S DAY! It’s not uncommon for grandparents to spoil their grandkids. It may be time to spoil them! May I recommend a spa gift certificate for a Vow to Relax Hot-Stone Blend Massage? Yes, hot-stones, aromatherapy and hot towels deepen the already relaxing massage. Be sure to include Love of Light as an addon service….
In honor of my own Grandma Margaret, I posted a picture of her to the right. Wasn’t she beautiful?! Margaret lost her mother at the tender age of twelve after the birth of her brother. She was just coming of age when the 19th Amendment was passed granting women the right to vote! Grandma also lost her husband when he was in his early 50s. After the passing of her husband, she continued life on the farm in the Midwest. One snowy winter night in1957, those traveling by were stuck in drifts nearby. That night, my grandma welcomed forty six people into her home including a pregnant lady and a baby! She still had guests 15 hours later while the roads cleared. Many of those stranded travelers kept in touch with her over the years. After her third granddaughter (me) was born, she told her son (my dad) that she probably wouldn’t live to see me get married. Twenty two years later, just twelve days before my wedding day, she passed away. My Grandma Margaret suffered great losses and helped many people in need. One of her biggest physical pains was osteoarthritis. I remember her crooked fingers that were in so much pain that she suffered just writing a birthday card to the grandkids. But she always did it anyway.
According to MedTV, more than half of all Americans 65 or older suffer with osteoarthritis. It is one of the most common in the arthritic family and typically affects the joints of the hands, knees, spine, hips and ankles. Genetics play a part in your predisposition to develop the disease as does repetitive stress injuries. My dad had both. After years of running up and down stairs fixing customer’s furnaces, my dad’s ankle joints had succumbed to the wear and tear. By the time he retired, he was suffering so much that he sought medical attention. Of course, like many Americans, he sought relief with drugs but they only mask they pain and can damage organs over time. While a few of my clients have enjoyed tremendous results with hip, shoulder and knee replacement surgeries; ankles are a bit more difficult to replace. The physician recommended that my dad have his ankle bones surgically fused to combat the friction causing the pain due to the loss of cartilage. The expense and recovery time were substantial and he lost range of motion but, his pain was now manageable. I sometimes wonder if massage and light therapy had been offered to my Grandma Margaret and dad, would they had suffered as much or could have avoided surgery.
In a study conducted by the Unversity of Miami School of Medicine in 2015 indicated that after medium pressure massage was performed, arthritis knee pain subsided and range of motion improved! Massage improves circulation bringing more oxygen to damaged tissue. Massage coupled with red-light therapy may bring even more healing to the arthritic joint and is also offered at this Sacramento Massage studio. This low-level light therapy deeply penetrates light energy to boost circulation and decrease inflamation and joint pain. Choose Love Of Light as an add on to your massage for the temporary relief of arthritic pain.
sources Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2015 Nov;21(4):233-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2015.08.002. Epub 2015 Aug 13.
Let me count the ways to pay…
- Cash is King, obviously. In other words, yes, I accept cash payments for services.
- Major credit cards are accepted, as well as, Venmo.
- Prepay online. When you reserve your session with Married to Massage using my online scheduler at Massagebook, you can prepay using your credit card. First time clients are required to prepay but subsequent sessions do not require prepayment.
- Do you have chronic pain that can be relieved with massage and bodywork? Ask your healthcare provider and human resource manager if you qualify for Health Savings Account (HSA) massage purchases qualifying you for tax advantages! Be sure to ask me for a receipt to furnish to your HR should one be requested.
- Receive an electronic gift card for services from your loved one? Cool! Use the provided number on the gift certificate when you schedule and the available funds will be provided on your session.
- Are you a CareCredit card holder? Terms of this card include Six Months Same as Cash when you spend $200 or more in one transaction! Any funds charged in a single transaction must be used within 30 days.Think of CareCredit as your own health, wellness and beauty credit card. Whether it’s plastic surgery, facial rejuvenation or a skin care visit, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to get the procedures you want. That’s why we’re pleased to accept the CareCredit health, wellness and beauty credit card. CareCredit lets you say “Yes” to recommended surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures, and pay for them in convenient monthly payments that fit your financial situation. With special financing options*, you can use your CareCredit card again and again for your cosmetic needs, as well as at 200,000 other healthcare providers, including dentists, optometrists, veterinarians, ophthalmologists and hearing specialists. It’s free and easy to apply and you’ll receive a decision immediately. If you’re approved, you can schedule your procedures even before you receive your card. With more than 21 million accounts opened since CareCredit began nearly 30 years ago, they are the trusted source for healthcare credit cards. Learn more by visiting www.carecredit.com. Ready to apply? Apply Online for your CareCredit card today.
3 Things you can do to Beat the Heat this summer….
1. Wearing loose fitting clothing can help keep you cool. While some fabrics are tightly woven causing heat to be trapped, cotton is “breathable” allowing air to circulate keeping you cooler.
2. Lightly colored fabrics are preferred to darker colored materials when trying to stay cool. Dark colored clothing absorbs heat from the sun. Try an experiment (or just watch a youtube) if you don’t believe me……Heat Absorption by Color
3. Remove ALL clothing and receive a relaxation massage (with proper draping of course) in a quiet, AIR CONDITIONED massage therapy studio! Body temperature drops as clients start to drift off. Receiving a relaxating massage at Married to Massage, will definitely get you closer to dream land! Don’t forget that this midtown massage therapist offers a cool bottle of water on your way out. Yes, staying hydrated in these hot summer days is imperative for optimal health. Without it, your body is more likely to experience LOW blood pressure. We are often checking our blood pressure to be sure that it isn’t too high but some of us (myself included) experience low blood pressure which has it’s own host of issues. I experience dizziness, headaches and muscle cramps as a result of dehydration. Yes, I’m a diet coke-a-holic. It’s a problem for me, I know and the caffeine only exacerbates the problem. It also doesn’t set a good example for my clients. How much water should we be drinking for optimal health? In massage school, we are trained to tell clients to drink half your body weight in ounces. (IE: a 100 lb woman would require 50 ounces of water intake daily). Be sure to drink more as the temperature rises and when you exercise.
Beat the Heat Bonus Days! Receive a FREE $10 Amazon E-Gift Card when you purchase at least $75 in massage services. Offer while supplies last. The hot summer heat is on! Why not get out of the sun and destress for 60 or 90 minutes? Check out our home page to choose the right service for you… Choose Your Service
Purchase a series of 3 relaxation massages and save $78!
Redeem by August 31, 2019
Raise up to $2850 in two weeks for your worthy organization!
Have a worthy organization that you need to raise funds for? Married to Massage has the perfect solution! Team up with our therapist and raise money easily by sharing a promotional email. No wasteful flyers to print.
Only green in your pocket!
When you sell any combination of 60-90 minute relaxation massages, your charity will receive 20-30% of net sales. Run the promotion for up to two weeks to presale massages. At the end of two weeks a percentage of net sales will be calculated. Reserve Massages for up to three months from the date of purchase (excellent gift for birthday or holiday) on a Monday through Saturday.
The more sold the bigger the percentage your nonprofit will receive!
Sell up to 25 and receive 20% of all net sales
Sell up to 50 and receive 25% of all net sales
Sell all 100 and receive 30% of all net sales!
CELEBRATE YOUR FUNDRAISING EVENT
with a CHAIR MASSAGE PARTY for your volunteers!
At the end of the two-week event, reserve your on-site chair massage event and save up to the percentage you earned in net sales!
Retail Chair Massage event is $175 for the first two hours. Sell all 100 and receive your frist two hours for ONLY $122.50 (30% off)